Sailings to commence April 2021
Relaxed sailing trips from Truro either as part of "share the sail" (6 max) or private hire available.
12th April onwards, private hire will be available with a maximum of 4 people from a single household only.
17th May onwards, ‘share-the-sail’ trips will be available with a maximum of 4 people, limited to two households.
21st June onwards, we will be hoping to return to our maximum of 6 people onboard from mixed households, subject to the government review of social distancing.
We recommend booking well in advance.
Your hosts Neil and Debbie are experienced and knowledgeable and the tour will include landmark locations along the way including Tolverne, Tregothnan (home of the Cornish tea) Trelissick and the Carrick Roads.
Drifter is a Dutch built sailing barge known as a Lemsteraak. They are wider and sail more upright than other types of sailing boat and use leeboards attached to the side of the boat instead of a keel. Built in 1976 the barge is just over 11 meters long, 4.5m wide and 85cms deep.
- Sailing trips are between 2 hours or 4 hours and cost £20 per person for 2 hours and £40 per person for 4 hour trips.
- No minimum number of guests required for the share the sail trips though others may join with a maximum of 6 guests per trip.
- Exclusive private hire is available for 2 hour, 4 hour or all days trips - please enquire for prices and availability.
- All trips should be booked in advance.
- Sailing season is from April to October
- Gift Vouchers available.
- Certified by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Fully Insured.
The Weather - To have the best experience possible on the water sailing will not be possible if the conditions are unfavourable. This means sometimes it may be necessary to move a booked sailing trip to another day.