We recommend booking well in advance.
Your hosts Neil and Debbie are experienced and knowledgeable and the tour will include landmark locations along the way including Tolverne, Tregothnan (home of the Cornish tea) Trelissick and the Carrick Roads.
Drifter is a Dutch built sailing barge known as a Lemsteraak. They are wider and sail more upright than other types of sailing boat and use leeboards attached to the side of the boat instead of a keel. Built in 1976 the barge is just over 11 meters long, 4.5m wide and 85cms deep.
- On the 2 hour trip, discover the nature and heritage along the quiet upper reaches of the River Fal. Join on this 'share the sail' trip for £30 per person
- Individuals, couples and small groups welcome
- Alternatively, private hire for up to 6 people is available from £120
- No minimum number of guests required for the share the sail trips
- Exclusive private hire is available for 2 hour, 4 hour or all days trips - please enquire for prices and availability.
- All trips should be booked in advance.
- Sailing season is from April to October
- Gift Vouchers available.
- Certified by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Fully Insured.
The Weather - To have the best experience possible on the water sailing will not be possible if the conditions are unfavourable. This means sometimes it may be necessary to move a booked sailing trip to another day.
Please note: The sailing trips will finish on 30th September and will begin again in April 2022.