With over 300,000 heritage objects in the care of the Royal Cornwall Museum, there is plenty to keep you enthralled during your visit. You will be able to have a small foray into their extensive collection and get inspired with stories of Cornish heritage and links to the world beyond the Tamar.
Founded in 1818 to promote and record the county’s industry, heritage and culture, in its 200 years its collection takes you on a journey ‘from Stone Age Cornwall to Contemporary Art, telling stories across cultures and also across the last ten thousand years’.
Facilities and Access
- Two floors
- Summer activities for all the family, including workshops and exhibitions- click here to find out more
- Lift to upper galleries
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Toilets and baby change
- Cafe (run independently) accessible from the museum shop
- Nearest car park: Moorfield
- Park and ride
- Please note the museum are currently trialing cash free payments
Tuesday - Saturday: 10.00 - 16.00