Digital shopping campaign from Friday 12th November
Let us take the stress out of Christmas shopping with the What’s in the Window campaign.
The digital campaign will run via social media, so make sure you’re following our Instagram page and like our page on Facebook: @visittruro.
The What’s in the Window campaign will help you do a bit of window shopping from the comfort of your own home and the elves at Visit Truro will do the hard work for you.
Each week we will be asking you via social media what presents you are on the lookout for, however big and crazy they might be. We will break this into weekly themes so we cover everything and everyone, from toys for the children to gifts for the in-laws.
The elves will then hunt down these gifts from some of Truro’s wonderful independent shops and showcase these on social media on a Friday night, so you have a headstart when you hit the shops on Saturday. Keep an eye out for the What’s in the Window stickers popping up in shop windows. This will help you find which shops and businesses are participating.
The weekly themes are:
- The Big Stuff- Children’s gifts
- For the Tricky Ones- Gift vouchers
- Stocking fillers and Secret Santas
- Cards, crackers and crafts- DIY gifts
- Foodies- Food, drink and local produce
- Who have you forgotten? Last minute gifts.
What’s in the Window will start on Friday 12th November and will run every Friday until Friday 17th December, meaning all your shopping will be done with time to spare! Don't worry if you didn't spot the posts, we will be posting the ideas below!
Week one- The Big Stuff
A selection of gifts from Klimek Jewellers:
- Silver plated cupcake money box- £32
- Silver and enamel animal charm bracelet- £90
- Silver teddy bear charm- £25
- Silver bee bracelet with toggle fastening- £95
- Gold plated and cubic zirconia locket- £37 (chain sold separately)
LEGO Classic large creative box from Malletts Home Hardware- 20% off! Was £39.99, now £31.99
GHD Deluxe Set from Comfort Zone Retail Shop- £368
Fair Trade Arks from Truro Cathedral Gift Shop- available in various sizes, starting at £37.99, up to £169
Selection of gifts from the ReFill Store:
- Series 2 Chilly's Bottles in various sizes- starting at £25, up to £40
- Unpackaged hand cut soaps- £2 per 100g
- Bamboo reusable cutlery- £4.50
Selection of gifts from the Visitor Information Centre:
- Perran Bears in various sizes- starting at £9.99, up to £39.99
- '12 Cornish Days of Christmas' Book- £6.50
Week two- The Tricky Ones
Are you scratching your head for what to buy? Well, let them choose for themselves! Many of our independent shops & businesses offer gift vouchers, so you can give the gift of choice this Christmas. See below for a round-up of those offering vouchers:
- ReFill Store
- No 3 Lash & Brow House
- Lawrance's Bakery & Bar
- Plaza Cinema
- The Comfort Zone Retail Shop
- Mallets Home Hardware
- Bishop Phillpott
Week three- Stocking Fillers and Secret Santas
Naturally Gaia Sleep Spray from Bishop Phillpott- £18 Gisela Graham Orange and Cinnamon & Orange Scented Candles from Bay Tree Home- Small candle £6.50, large candle £11.99 Selection of Cornish chocolates from Visitor Information Centre- starting at £1.99 Selection of gifts from the ReFill Store:
- Mutiny Razor Gift Set - £24.50
- Rcup Coffee Cup - £12
- Friendly Shampoo Bar - £3.50
- Bamboo Toothbrush - £3.99
- Mutiny Razor and Blades - £12.99
Selection of gifts from The Comfort Zone Retail Shop:
- Candles- £8.99
- Wax melts- £2
- Hair bow- £3.50
- Earrings- £10
Christmas tea light holders from Truro Cathedral Gift Shop- £5.99
Week four- Christmas Cards
Christmas Cards by 'The Woderful' from Cornish Makers- £2.50 individually, packs of 4 (including two designs) for £5.50
Cornish Christmas Cards from the Visitor Information Centre- £3.50 for a pack of 5
Range of Christmas Cards from Truro Cathedral Gift Shop- only £1!
Also on sale is the card that won the Christmas Card Competition, organised by Truro BID and Joli Boutique. Charlie- aged 9- deisgned the winning card, which is now on sale at Truro Community Library, Joli Boutique (in Pannier Market), and the Visitor Information Centre. All proceeds go to ShelterBox. You can view the card here.
Week five- Food & Drink Gifts
- Hot Chocolate and Biscuits Gift Set from Tugboat- £17.80
- Cornish Cheese Boxes from the Old Cheese Shop- starting at £30, up to £50. Also available to buy individually over the counter
- Baking Hampers from Icing on the Cake- from £14.99
- The Cornish Italian Christmas Hamper by The Cornish Italian (find TiramisUGO aka the Cornish Italian online and at Truro Farmer's Market)- starting at £37.50
- Mozart Liqueurs Direct Import from Hamiltons Liquor Cellars in Lemon Street Market- £24.99
-Festive Muffin Mixes - £9
-Mixed Nuts - £1.30 per 100g
-Locally roasted coffee - from £2 per 100g
-Vegan Sweets - 95p per 100g
- Truro Cathedral Wine from Truro Cathedral Gift Shop- £12.99
- Cornish Hampers with items of your choosing from Truro Visitor Information Centre
Why not make the most of your shopping trips and pop into one of the city’s many eateries and enjoy a festive treat? We won’t tell if you don’t!